Saturday, April 30, 2011
January 1950
As I was thumbing thru some pictures made shortly after I was married 7 January 1950. I came across this picture of me and my mother. This was our house in Kelsey where we lived at the time. I was living in Gilmer and working at Barnwell Drug Store on the square. We came out to visit mother and daddy that day. Mother looks as young as I do in this picture. She never actually looked her age. I don't think she had any wrinkles when she passed away at the age of eighty nine. This picture tells its own story. She always kept herself looking nice and always had her make up on and a nice pretty dress. She believed you should always look your best. She went to the beauty shop to get her hair fixed until she could no longer do it. She wanted her hair colored too. She did it herself in the early years. She passed away the day before Thanksgiving in the year 2000.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment